Dwight E. Kanyuck
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Dwight Kanyuck, a Partner at Knauf Shaw, combines his extensive legal experience in all aspects of environmental and energy law with over 20 years of experience as a chemical engineer, business manager and project manager with Eastman Kodak.
Dwight focuses his practice on alternative energy project review and development, brownfield redevelopment and transactions, litigation, and regulatory review, interpretation, and compliance.
Dwight is an aspiring vagabond folk singer.
- Represents municipalities in Wayne, Orleans, Livingston, Genesee, Allegany, and Steuben Counties in updating solar and wind energy laws, community solar project siting review pursuant to local zoning laws and SEQRA, and major renewable energy project siting review pursuant to Public Service Law Article 10 and Executive Law Section 94-c.
- Represented municipalities and property owners in CERCLA, RCRA and Navigation Law cost recovery and citizen suit litigation.
- Serves as municipal attorney for towns in Wayne County and Allegany County, New York.
- Represented clients in environmental and energy law compliance matters concerning pesticide use, regulated medical waste and solid waste management, and community solar consumer protection.
- Represented developers in applications for siting and permitting waste to energy and battery energy storage facilities.
- Represented landowners in review of solar and wind energy leases and Public Service Law Article VII major electrical transmission siting proceedings.
- New York State Bar Association
- Environmental and Energy Law Section (Member)
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Environmental Committee ( Current Co-chair)
- New York State Bar Association
- Section 94-c Renewable Energy Siting Regulations, How Municipalities Can Influence the Outcome, April 7, 2021, United Solar Energy Supporters (webinar).
- State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) & Solar Energy Permitting, December 8, 2020, United Solar Energy Supporters (webinar).
- Section 94-c Renewable Energy Siting Law, Key Takeaways for Municipalities, November 16, 2020, Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council (webinar).
- Overview of Renewable Energy Siting Laws: Municipal Perspective, May 2020, New York State Bar Association (webinar).
- Article 10 Projects: PILOTS and Other Local Issues, July 2019, Livingston County Board of Supervisors Workshop, Geneseo, NY.
- Major Electric Generating Facility Siting Law, NY Public Service Law Article 10, February 2019, New York Association of Towns Annual Meeting, New York, NY.
- Major Electric Generating Facility Siting Law, NY Public Service Law Article 10, October 2018, American Planning Association Conference, Ithaca, NY.
- State and Federal Initiatives to Incentivize and Permit Commercial Combined Heat and Power Facilities, March 2018, Electric Power Conference, Nashville, TN.
- An Introduction to New York’s Energy Storage Roadmap: The Impact, Benefits, and Challenges of Deploying Energy Storage on New York’s Electric Grid, Dwight E. Kanyuck, Environmental Law in New York, Volume 29, No. 11, November 2018)
- Great Lakes Offshore Wind Power: A New York Strategy for Energy and Economic Development, Dwight Kanyuck, Robert Berger, Environmental Law in New York, Volume 20, No. 8, August 2009
- Chemical Engineer, Project Manager, and Engineering, Skilled Trades, and Operations Manager, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY (1985 – 2005)