Melissa Valle, a Partner at Knauf Shaw, focuses her practice on environmental cost recovery litigation, defense and prosecution, particularly in oil spill and hazardous substances litigation.
Melissa also advises clients on matters related to brownfield redevelopment, SEQRA compliance, permitting under a number of environmental statutes, as well as all varieties of land use and zoning matters.
Melissa was selected to the 2020 and 2021 Super Lawyers New York Rising Stars List.
Melissa grew up in the Rochester area, and now resides here with her family and two German Shepherds, where she enjoys hiking and making maple syrup.
- Air & Waste Management Association, Genesee Finger Lakes Chapter (Current Chair)
- New York State Bar Association
- Environmental and Energy Law Section (Member)
- Petroleum Spills Committee (Co-Chair since 2017)
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Environmental Committee (Member)
- Final Update SEQRA Regulations, October 2018
- Petroleum Spill Case Study: Fuel Supplied Liability, June 2018
- Petroleum Case Study, May 2019
- Oil Spill Reporting, September 2020
- Spill Reporting: Impacts of NYSDEC Proposed Part 613 PBS Regulations, September 2021
- Petroleum Spill Reporting and an update on the Proposed Part 613 Petroleum Bulk Storage Regulations, April 2022
- Updates in Environmental Law That May Impact Your Clients, May 2022
- Oil Spill Case Law Update, June 2017
- Oil Spill Case Law Update, June 2018
- Oil Spill Case Law Update, May 2019
- Oil Spill Case Law Update, September 2020
- Petroleum Spill Reporting, March 2021
- NYSDEC Proposed Revisions to NYS Petroleum Bulk Storage Regulations, August 2021
- NYSDEC Proposed Revisions to NYS Petroleum Spill Reporting Requirements, August 2021
- Second Circuit Finds CERCLA Claims Ripe Regardless of EPA Enforcement Status, August 2021
- Oil Spill Case Law Update, September 2021